I believe you misspelled these values by adding "SOCIAL_AUTH_" as a prefix. The documentation for Google (http://django-social-auth.readthedocs.org/en/latest/backends/google.html):
To enable OAuth2 support:
fill Client ID and Client Secret settings, these values can be obtained easily as described on OAuth2 Registering doc: GOOGLE_OAUTH2_CLIENT_ID = '' GOOGLE_OAUTH2_CLIENT_SECRET = '' previous name GOOGLE_OAUTH2_CLIENT_KEY is supported for backward compatibility.
and for Facebook (http://django-social-auth.readthedocs.org/en/latest/backends/facebook.html):
Back to your django settings.py file, fill in the App ID and App Secret values from the blue box in step #3 FACEBOOK_APP_ID='App ID here' FACEBOOK_API_SECRET='App Secret here' Make sure that you have the Facebook backend added to AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS = ( 'social_auth.backends.facebook.FacebookBackend', )
Your "AUTHENTICATION_BACKENDS" values seems to be alright
well... according to their article: http://django-social-auth.readthedocs.org/en/latest/index.html
the library is deprecated.
anyway, I can see that the variables are correct. have you registered your client_id as a "Web application"? could it be that you are using keys for "Service account" or "Installed application"?
it can also be that the redirection url (LOGIN_REDIRECT_URL parameter) is incorrect (thus, leading to the authentication page again)
I even moved to python-social-auth and tried with the example provided in the library. While running as django application, the application seems to work. But when I run it on google app engine, it throws me the error. I had sent a mail to Matias, asking for help. Here is the reply
I've checked the POST and frankly I can't say much since my appengine experience is None.
Regarding the TooManyRedirects exception, this is the first time I see that happening, and according to python-requests docs this is raised when (as the exception says) there are too many redirects going on when opening an URL, I guess this might be a restriction on appengine since the URL being opened works just fine locally.
About Facebook, I'm confused and not sure what could be happening, I've tried your site and Facebook login and saw the error in your server, but then I've tried the same server request (borrowed the data from the traceback) and it worked as expected.
So, I would start by checking any appengine policy or config that might be getting in the middle of any request to third-party APIs.